world-class solar PV installation training
Super solar school
Genergy has partnered with GREEN Solar Academy, the leading training provider for the PV industry in Africa, to bring world-class solar photovoltaic (PV) installation training to the Eastern Cape. The 5-day SuperSolarSchool course is designed to equip participants with the theoretical and practical knowledge required for the SAPVIA PV GreenCard Assessment to become a certified installer, using training materials developed to standards approved by German Solar Energy Society (DGS).
Get ahead of your competition by becoming a PV GreenCard endorsed installer, a certification developed to promote high quality PV installations nationwide. The programme focuses on education, skills development and training to build installer capacity as well as improve standards development and regulatory compliance in line with international best practice.
11-15 July 2022
Nelson Mandela Bay University
Day 1 and 2:
- Electro technical basics (series, parallel connection, current, voltage and their influence on yields, I-V-characteristic curve)
- PV system concepts (stand-alone, grid-tied, back-up)
- PV system components (incl. batteries), reading of data sheets
- Basics of grid-tied PV system installation
- Site preparation, tools and equipment,
- Practical installation of a grid-tied PV system incl. commissioning
- Post installation (routine inspection, data capturing, trouble shooting, operation and maintenance).
Day 4 and 5:
- Project management (timeline, laws and regulation, procedures)
- Site survey and on-site inspection
- Planning and design of grid-tied PV systems (with and without battery storage), calculation of roof-top PV systems with and without simulation programs (4 week software license PV Sol Premium included), extension of grid-tied systems to back-up systems, fault finding and quality assurance (e.g. RAL GZ 966)
- Sales, marketing and customer consultation
Everyone who wants a flying start in solar photovoltaics:
- Solar Newcomers
- Employees of solar companies (sales, management and technical staff)
- Entrepreneurs and business founders
- Electricians and electrical engineers
- Professionals looking for continuing training with minimum time expenditure
- Installers who are looking for PV GreenCard qualification
5 CPD credits by SAIEE
SAPVIA endorsed PV GreenCard Training course (preparation for the SAPVIA PV Assessment)
International accreditation by the German Solar Energy Society DGS e.V.
The course is open to all participants who want to gain knowledge in solar PV. Maths skills on matric level are recommended to be able to follow the course.
PV Green Card Information
This training aligns with the SAPVIA’s PV GreenCard certification, which is an industry-driven quality standard that is also considered a de facto trade test by many in the solar industry where no formal trade test exists. The PV GreenCard creates quality assurance processes and safety mechanisms, as well as formal installation documentation that is hugely beneficial in to both installer and customer alike.
PV Green Card Information
The PV GreenCard is an as-built report for the Solar PV system owner. It is also a checklist to be provided to the clients by the qualified installer upon the completion of a project. It contains details of the installation such as the brand and number of PV modules and inverters used, as well a checklist of all of the necessary installation steps that were completed.
- Generate new business opportunities
- Build consumer confidence
- Get registered on the SAPVIA certified installers database
- Improve overall industry standards
By doing training with Genergy, a certified training provider in the Eastern Cape with the aim to train local installers, installers will save on the high costs of training in Cape Town or Johannesburg, making it easier to obtain the certification.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will require some practical experience before you can register for your assessment with SAPVIA. Genergy cannot provide this assessment and this can only be done in Cape Town or Johannesburg at this point.
The PV Greencard certification is available for all installers both companies and individuals.
- Register for the PV GreenCard Certification with Genergy
- Take the 5-day course
- Complete assessment
- Get certified and registered on the SAPVIA installer database
Only SAPVIA registered assessors can issue the PV Greencard.
Genergy carries out full training and will refer you to a registered assessor.